You are probably one of the new additions to the increasing population of allergy sufferers all over the world after an allergist inform you that you are allergic to something – which you failed to digest that moment. Certain things start to pester your mind like “what if there is no more relief or cure?”. Some of the allergy symptoms that you might have experienced are runny nose, sneezing; itchy, dry, or watery eyes; vomiting, hives, headache or nausea. You got to be thankful if what you are having is just one of the ones mentioned. There are others who are showing a more severe allergic reaction which causes impaired vision, shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing, light-headed, passing out, seizure, or something worse.
Allergies are basically hypersensitivity to foreign elements or substance that are known to be as allergens. These allergens are microbes that are present almost everywhere.
ESSENTIAL OILS FOR ALLERGY DEFENSE
How can essential oils treat and provide relief? The human body always protects itself from inflammation in which essential oils are purposely created for – to fight inflammation and maintain a strong and defensive immune system.
Essential oils can fight and defeat a lot of allergy symptoms which includes runny and stuffy nose, sneezing, hay fever, sinus inflammation, and itchy eyes.
Here are the best essential oils that you must have in order to protect yourself from allergens even when inside your house or room
- The peppermint oil is a soothing substance which has the ability to immediately provide relief from congestion by clearing the formation of phlegm. It also minimizes inflammation that is a major cause of bronchitis, asthma, and other allergies.
- You can use this oil by either diffusing it or applying it topically. This can also be used for fever by adding a few drops to a cool water compress. You can also mix the peppermint with lavender and other oil for a relaxing massage to relieve headaches.
- Lavender – by its nature, is an antihistamine and has anti-inflammatory compounds. During an allergic reaction, the lavender oil is the best solution for relief. You can use it topically to cure irritated skin caused by hives or insect bites; it also has a soothing effect. Using a diffuser, a few drops of lavender can help reduce the inflammation in the bronchial tubes. This oil can also induce a more relaxing sleep.
Tea Tree Oil
- The tea tree oil is an inexpensive oil, which is the best remedy for skin allergies. It prevents infection and inflammation. It also has antibacterial properties that help fight off fungal, bacterial, and molds. However, this oil is a topical remedy only and should never be ingested.
- You can add tea tree oil to your hair conditioner to kill and completely repel lice and its eggs. It can also kill mites in beards and eyelashes. Add a few drops to your body wash to give you a soothing relief from skin irritation caused by bed bugs.
- This oil is an effective allergy treatment for skin rashes and irritants caused by hives. It also gives a soothing effect to blocked sinuses, sneezing, and excess phlegm. By inhaling the chamomile oil it can calm the respiratory system to help your breath easily.
- For an upset stomach caused by an allergic reaction, a cup of chamomile tea can already ease your discomfort.
- This perhaps is a multi-purpose oil because of the many treatments that it can provide. Lemon is known for its ability to flush out all the toxins in your body. It also includes cough relief, improves digestion, helps in weight loss, purification, nausea relief and a lot more. In the event when you deeply suffer from an allergic reaction, diffuse a lemon together with eucalyptus to improve your mood and curb the symptoms.
- Being known as a “cool oil”, the eucalyptus oil acts like an expectorant that treats a lot of respiratory conditions by clearing airways and eases nasal congestion. It also provides relief from symptoms of asthma, coughs and sinus pain caused by allergens.
Just imagine how mother nature can supply the world with a lot of health benefits to avoid being exposed to chemically-produced medications. The allergy clinic Manassas will also suggest that you should opt to essential oils because aside from the treatment that they can provide, they are much safer to use and easy to find.