With spring spreading colors around town, your pool design contractor can also help you prepare your swimming pool for the expected and unexpected visits and pool parties you and your hood have been looking forward to. Not that you cannot do any happenings by the pool any time of the year, it’s just that this season is the best time to make a lot of memories outdoors, especially since the weather itself is perfect.
Make Ready Your Pool
Outdoor activities will never be complete without a pool event. And as prepared as you are, your entire poolside and swimming pool should also be prepped up to make the season truly amazing and worth the wait.
Here are ways to groom your swimming pool so you can make the most out of your spring break.
THE ‘HARD WORK’ PART
- Before anything else, you cannot just plunge into the pool and enjoy the rest of your summer without applying effort on making your outdoor oasis a ‘worthy’ place to hang out.
This is your indicator that you are welcoming a spring or summer avant-garde. CLEANING is always the first part, hosing down your roller, removing nature’s debris using a scoop net, and your roller shutter, if you have any, clearing the water line and sucking up all the dirt from the pool, is all part of the pool preparation job and there are more to add up on your plate.
This is, in fact, the first part of your pool-cleanup chores and no one really likes this task. Although, it can really be relaxing to clean your pool for as long as you have set a schedule for it where you can really clean the pool area – immaculately. Doing this from the beginning will even make your weekly pool cleaning a breeze.
MAKE SURE THAT TECHNICAL INSTALLATION IS WORKING
- Swimming pools are more appreciated during spring and summer because the sun radiates its beauty better. Although the cleaning and preparation are yet to be over. First of all, the water is way too cold and this is where your heating system will be needed the most, so you better know what type of heating system you are using because their time of usage varies.
- If your pool uses heat pumps, you have to wait until the last frost of the evening is over, which falls usually by the end of April. Because for as long as there is frost, your heating system cannot heat the water adequately. Plus, the water becomes even colder during the night, even with pool covers. What you can also do is to program your pool filter to function at least 12 hours every day to ensure that your pool is clear and clean and will stay that way.
PH COMES FIRST – ALL THE TIME
- Before you can improve the water quality of your pool, you have to find out first that state of it – whether it’s good or bad.
- It is important and crucial that you know the right PH level of your pool. Swimming pool products will only show results once you have applied the correct PH value. Like if the PH value is too low, you have to add PH Plus. Then, if it’s too high, then add PH min. After checking the PH value, the next thing that you have to check is the pool’s chlorine level. Once you get the hang of maintaining your pool, you will just be surprised at how simple it can be.
- Never empty your pool.
Not unless you are having a pool renovation. Otherwise, leave the pool with water all the time, regardless of the season.
- Top it off.
This best applies during the winter season, but make sure that the filter is clean before using it.
- Have a water professional test your water.
- Wait till the pool’s water is really clear.
So don’t dive in yet.
- Time to groom.
Just like housekeeping, vacuuming your pool is also a must.
- Maintenance and all.
The habit of keeping your pool clean should be applied throughout the rest of the season and you can use the help of any pool contractors Brookville NY.